Saturday 3 January 2015

2014 Favourites



I read some really amazing books this year. I definitely think it's been my favourite year of reading.
I finally got around to some really popular reads and I also discovered some hidden gems.
Unfortunately, I only started my Goodreads Reading Challenge at the beginning of June, and I have no record of what I read in the very beginning of 2014, so my favourites were also based on the books I could vaguely recall reading this year.
It was a bit of struggle trying to determine if some were read late 2013 or early 2014.
But from June of 2014 I read a total of 42 of my 30 books goal.

As to be expected, narrowing down my list of favourites to just 5 is an impossible challenge, so I instead chose 7.

  1. Looking for Alaska by John Green
  2. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
  3. Easy by Tammara Webber
  4. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
  5. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
  6. Before I fall by Lauren Oliver
  7. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

Though I did say that it seemed an impossible task to order these books, I do have to say that there is one that was by far my favourite and that was The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black. 

It was the originality that really made this book my favourite. It is so unlike anything that I've read that even 100 pages in, I knew this was going to be a new favourite.

So for my Goodreads Reading Challenge for 2015 I have set my target for 60 books, I have a good feeling that I'll easily accomplish this number, especially if this year is anything like 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment