Tuesday 24 June 2014

Choosing a book to read

 Choosing the next book I read is like the bane of my existence. I hate doing it because there is so much to choose from, but that not the only factor.
I always consider how many are in the series, how many of said series that I own, have a I read something similar recently? Not forgetting the list that I actually wrote myself here.
There is a whole heap of questions and criteria.

I did a bit of rearranging the other day, a habit of mine that I allow myself to do regularly, even when there isn't anything to gain by it and I end of switching it back anyway. It's therapeutic for me.

So whilst doing my bi-weekly rearrangement, I though I'd pile up all the books I had read, and then stack my TBR pile too.
This was the end result


The above two picture are of all the books that I have read on my shelves.
The two below is my TBR pile.
 
If that isn't quite daunting, then I don't know what is.
The problem is that I'm buying books quicker than I'm reading them.
Though the scale isn't as outweighed as it looks. 
There's about 160 read, and then about 175 to be read.
So after staring blankly at my shelves for some time, I narrowed it down to just 8, and here were my choices.


I even roped family members into helping my decide, and coincidently, they all chose the same one, but I wasn't much feeling it because I only had two of the three in the series, and I knew  wouldn't be getting the third for a while, so I eventually went for Sever by Lauren DeStefano.



No comments:

Post a Comment